The NDIS, which stands for National Disability Insurance Scheme (Established 2013), is the governments way of providing funding for Australians who have a diagnosed disability. The funding is used to empower those with disabilities, to live a 'Fuller Life', and to reach their goals. It can be used to access a full range of services, depending on your goals and needs.
· If you have a permanent disability which prevents you from doing things yourself.
· To be aged lower than 65, when entering the NDIS.
· Be an Australian Citizen or hold a permanent visa.
· Live in Australia where the NDIS is available.
If you already have NDIS funding, great! Just book an appointment today. The only things we need from you are the following...
1. Your name
2. Your NDIS Registration Number
3. How your fund is managed (e.g. self-managed, or plan managed etc).
4. Our first appointment will involve our initial assessment, and will conclude in creating a comprehensive and thorough plan, for you to meet you goals. Once you are happy with the plan, we can begin our treatments from the next appointment.
(If you do not yet have NDIS funding, follow the guidance below).
· First of all, you need to carry out a few steps to apply for NDIS funding. Simply use the 'Checklist' for eligibility https://www.ndis.gov.au/what-consider-i-apply/am-i-eligible.
· Secondly, you need to contact the NDIS on: 1800 800 110, there you can discuss with a representative your application and follow the guidance provided.
(NOTE: Fuller Life is not a registered service provider, we are only able to provide our service to self-managed and plan-managed participants).
· If you are granted funding, you will also be provided with a Local Area Coordinator, who give you information around local service providers (e.g. Fuller Life Physiotherapy). Your Coordinator will spend time with you to discuss your goals, and they will create a plan with you so you can reach them.
WHAT DOES PHYSIOTHERAPY DO?